This dish has all the taste of chicken enchiladas baked into a casserole! This dish has all of the Mexican flavors and is packed full of nutrition! The high fiber wraps make this dish low in carbohydrates, while being extremely high in protein, which will keep you feeling satisfied. Many chicken enchilada recipes average about 500-600 calories per serving, but this version slashed off more than 1/3 of the calories and fat! Now you can have your favorite Mexican food without being weighed down!
The estimated total time to make this recipe is 40 minutes.
*This dish freezes really well! Make it ahead of time, freeze it, and bake it for an additional 10-15 minutes for a healthy meal on a busy night!
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix chicken with the first 6 ingredients. in a separate small bowl, mix corn and black beans together.
3. Pour the chicken broth in a shallow bowl. Dip the tortilla’s in the chicken broth, just long enough to get them moist, (almost as you would dip bread in an egg mixture for french toast).
4. Layer 4 tortilla’s on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, followed by the chicken mixture, and ending with the corn and bean layer. Repeat the layers, ending with the tortilla layer.
5. Top with the shredded cheese, (and olives and green onions if desired). Bake for 25-30 min or until cheese is melted.
|6||Servings||232||Calories per Serving|
|20 g||Carbohydrate||5 g||Fiber|
|4 g||Fat||31 g||Protein|