This might be one of the most delicious, easy to prepare recipes I have ever made in a crockpot. Truth be told, we made this twice this week it was that good.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- bag of frozen bell peppers, onions – (Trader Joe’s has a great “fire roasted” option, they look and taste like fajita veggies) OR 1 green bell pepper and 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork. Serve over brown rice, wrap in a whole wheat tortilla, or create a lettuce wrap by wrapping in a large lettuce leaf.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe (food.com)
- Recipe: Slow-Cooker Carnitas + 5 Ways to Eat It (thesnatchmonologues.wordpress.com)
- 9 Holiday Slow Cooker Recipes (todaysmama.com)